Home » Climate Change Through Poster and Instagram Slideshow

Climate Change Through Poster and Instagram Slideshow

For essay number 3 my goals are to convey what I wrote about in essays number 1 and 2. The purpose of my work is to show people reading this why the issue of Climate change is one that is so serious, while then giving ways that we as regular people can combat this issue. After doing research on this topic for this whole semester it really showed me that this is an issue that at this point is almost impossible to get better because of all the years of it being ignored. Through my poster and Instagram post slideshow, I showed the path that we are going down and what has already occurred to the decades of ignoring science and listening to financial gain. 

My intended audience with this is my generation, as we are young and will be the generation that can enact some sort of change if we act now. We can be the ones to ensure that our planet does not go to waste. We have more opportunities to combat this issue with the presence of social media and the ability to gain a following on there that can help the cause out. The significance that this poses to the audience is that this is an issue that can only be solved if we all work together, as it is an issue that will majorly affect us all together. In doing this everyone needs to be attentive and aware of the issue, but this is difficult to do, as due to social media we have shorter attention spans. Social media has made us so accustomed to seeing one post and scrolling right to the next with us only remembering the post in the short term. This is why in my two genres I used elements that would stick out and hopefully stay in the audience’s head. 

To grab my audience’s attention on my Instagram slideshow, I used two comparison photos, that displayed the before and after-effects of climate change on lakes and glaciers. Then on the third slide gave a quote that expresses the outcome of ignoring climate change for financial gain. I wanted to act on the reader’s logos and pathos by providing them with information and facts, that would hopefully tap into their emotions. Then to wrap I wrote a way on how to combat climate change efficiently. 

In my poster, I used my main color as red to grab the reader’s attention with the words climate change being in a green tone the complementary color to red. In my poster, I gave a brief explanation of what effects climate change has on humans which is very negative. In doing this I hope to really make the audience feel the seriousness of the issue. On the bottom part of the poster, I gave multiple ways that we can enact change that I have put into three different categories. The subheader is “This is an issue of life or death” which again I hope added to the seriousness of this. In the end, I feel that I was able to get across my point through my two genres. I would hope that after taking this in my audience will be inspired to go out and enact change.